Independence Stadium Information
The City of Shreveport is gearing up to provide a safe and friendly environment for residents and guests alike as they gather to watch three action packed days of high school football at the 2021 Battle on the Border High School Football Showcase.
In its continuing commitment to make game day as safe and enjoyable as possible for all, the City of Shreveport would like to take this opportunity to remind guests of some pertinent information regarding the big event.
For visitors traveling into Shreveport via Interstate 20, there are three exits that will get you to Independence Stadium: Greenwood Road, Hearne Avenue, and Jewella Avenue. After the game, traffic will be diverted north at the intersection of Greenwood Road and Missouri Avenue and west on Greenwood Road at its intersection with Hearne Avenue.
The following items are Prohibited & NOT Allowed in Independence Stadium:
- Pets of Any Kind
- Artificial Noisemakers – Including Air Horns
- Oversize Bags or Backpacks
- Containers of Any Kind – Coolers, Ice Chests, Bottles, Cans, Cups, Flasks, etc.
- Food & Beverage
- Projectiles of Any Variety – Banners, Flags, Poles, Brooms, Balls, etc.
- Video Recording Devices & Equipment
- Cameras with a Removable Lens Over Three (3) Inches
- Weapons of Any Variety – Firearms, Knives, Pocket Knives, Multi-Function Tools, etc.
Confiscated items will not be returned.
- All Persons & Items Entering are Subject to Inspection
- Tickets May Not be Re-sold on Stadium Premises & Surrounding Grounds
- Smoking & Use of All Tobacco Products (Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, Cigars, Pipes, Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff, Chewing Tobacco, etc.) is Prohibited Inside Independence Stadium
All Policies & Enforcement are Subject to the Discretion of Independence Stadium Administration
No alcohol is permitted in the stadium and alcohol will not be available for sale.
City ordinance prohibits smoking inside the Independence Stadium. Guests wishing to smoke will be allowed to exit the stadium and smoke at least 25’ away from pedestrian gates. Please inform gate attendants that you will be returning so they can properly identify you to allow re-entry.